BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Brought to you by ROBERT--How Old Is Grandma?


How Old Is Grandma? 
[] 
Stay with this -- the answer is at the end. It will blow you away. 

One evening a grandson was talking to his grandmother about current events. 
The grandson asked his grandmother what she thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general. 

The Grandmother replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before: 
' television 
' penicillin 
' polio shots 
' frozen foods 
' Xerox 
' contact lenses 
' Frisbees and 
' the pill

There were no:
' credit cards 
' laser beams or 
' ball-point pens 
Man had not yet invented: 
' pantyhose 
' air conditioners 
' dishwashers 
' clothes dryers 
' and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and 
' man hadn't yet walked on the moon 
[] 
Your Grandfather and I got married first, and then lived together. Every family had a father and a mother. 
Until I was 25, I called every man older than me, "Sir." 
And after I turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, "Sir." 
We were before gay-rights, computer-dating, dual careers, daycare centers, and group therapy. 
Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense. 
We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and take responsibility for our actions. 
Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege. 
We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent. 
Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins. 
Draft dodgers were those who closed front doors as the evening breeze started. 
Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends -not purchasing condominiums. 
[] 
We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CD's, electric typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings. 
We listened to Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios. 
And I don't ever remember any kid blowing his brains out listening to Tommy Dorsey. 
If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan ' on it, it was junk. 
The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam. 
Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were unheard of. 
We had 5 &10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents. 
Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel. 
And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letter and 2 postcards. 
You could buy a new Ford Coupe for $600, but who could afford one? 
Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon. 
In my day: 
' "grass" was mowed, 
' "coke" was a cold drink, 
' "pot" was something your mother cooked in and 
' "rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby. 
' "Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,
' "chip" meant a piece of wood,
' "hardware" was found in a hardware store and.
' "software" wasn't even a word.
[] 
And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby. 
No wonder people call us "old and confused" and say there is a generation gap. 
How old do you think I am? 
I bet you have this old lady in mind. You are in for a shock! 
Read on to see -- pretty scary if you think about it and pretty sad at the same time.

Are you ready????? 











This woman would be only 59 years old, Born in 1952.



GIVES YOU SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. 
PASS THIS ON TO THE OLD ONES. 
THE YOUNG ONES WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

No comments: