BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, January 6, 2012

Macmillan Publishing is giving away 25 copies of Cinder. Book Trailer of CINDER by Marissa Meyer Jan 3, 2012



Cinder: Book One in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Even in the future, the story begins with Once Upon a Time…. Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.


What would YOU do to rule Earth?
Leave a comment as it could win you one of 25 copies Macmillan Publishing is giving away!





Marissa Meyer has also kicked off an extensive author tour in the US; 
you can access all her dates on her blog. http://marissameyer.livejournal.com/


Lastly, there will be an author event on January 9th as a Facebook/ Twitter party at 7:00 EST
Marissa Meyer on Cinder, writing, and leading men
Which of your characters is most like you?
I wish I could say that I'm clever and mechanically-minded like Cinder, but no—I can't fix anything. I'm much more like Cress, who makes a brief cameo in Cinder and then takes a more starring role in the third book. She's a romantic and a daydreamer and maybe a little on the naïve side—things that could be said about me too—although she does find courage when it's needed most. I think we'd all like to believe we'd have that same inner strength if we ever needed it.
Where do you write?
I have a home office that I've decorated with vintage fairy tale treasures that I've collected (my favorite is a Cinderella cookie jar from the forties) and NaNoWriMo posters, but sometimes writing there starts to feel too much like work. On those days I'll write in bed or take my laptop out for coffee or lunch.
If you were stranded on a desert island, which character from Cinder would you want with you?
Cinder, definitely! She has an internet connection in her brain, complete with the ability to send and receive comms (which are similar to e-mails). We'd just have enough time to enjoy some fresh coconut before we were rescued.
The next book in the Lunar Chronicles is called Scarlet, and is about Little Red Riding Hood. What is appealing to you most about this character as you work on the book?
Scarlet is awesome—she's very independent, a bit temperamental, and has an outspokenness that tends to get her in trouble sometimes. She was raised by her grandmother, an ex-military pilot who now owns a small farm in southern France, who not only taught Scarlet how to fly a spaceship and shoot a gun, but also to have a healthy respect and appreciation for nature. I guess that's a lot of things that appeal to me about her, but she's been a really fun character to write! (The two leading men in Scarlet, Wolf and Captain Thorne, aren't half bad either.)


10 comments:

Lizzy Mackerville said...

I can't wait to read this book. From everything I have read it sounds fantastic. I think the cover is amazing! I enjoyed the book trailer, too. I also liked hearing what the author had to say about the characters and future books.

I wouldn't want to rule world- but if I did I would want it to be peaceful!

Thanks for visiting my blog- I am a new follower!
~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

Barbara E. said...

Cinder sounds like a fantastic book, and I thought the trailer was great too.
I'm not sure if I would want to rule Earth, but if I decided I wanted to, I'd do what I needed to in order to give people a chance at a peaceful life.

Barbed1951 at aol dot com

Chen Yan Chang said...

I really, really, really want to read CINDER! I love fairy tales and retellings so I'm so excited for CINDER! It's so unique, combining a traditional fairy tale with a sci-fi element. Very awesome. It's also cool that the other books in the series will be about diff fairy tales!

Chen Chang
jadedlittlegirlx AT gmail DOT com

Chen Yan Chang said...

Shoot. I didn't put my answer in the same comment. If I want to rule Earth, I would need to control the media :)

jadedlittlegirlx AT gmail DOT com

Pamk said...

This book sounds fatastic and I love the cover.
scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

DHB said...

I really want to read this book - hopefully I will get a copy soon!

I wouldn't really want to rule the world - way too much pressure if you ask me. I would actually do anything to avoid ruling the world!

Randi M said...

I honestly wouldn't want to rule the Earth! But if I were ruler, my first act (no idea how I'd implement this of course..) would be to have no one go hungry. Ahh, just call me miss America. ;)

Randi M
randi.wedekind AT gmail.com

anaavu said...

Ho ho ho! That's Santa! A little late, granted, but who cares? If I cross my fingers, he will bring me a coolsauce copy of Cinder! Lol

To rule Earth, I would send everyone free music (!) that would be infected with a super-mega high-tech virus(aka maniac computer hacker Chuck-style) that would take over their Facebooks and Twitters, and within five minutes everyone would come asking me to please return their accounts, and I would smile pleasantly and say, Sure! As long as I get to rule over you. Seriously, how long could you live without either of those things?? Exactly.

Well, my imagination got the best of me. I was beginning to think I didn't HAVE an imagination. Ha!

Mary @SweepingMe said...

I would totally love to read this book. All the reviews are so great on it.

If I ruled the world I would love to bring about peace.

Thanks!

Mary
mary_reiss @ hotmail.com

Sign Installation said...

Hi, good post. I have been thinking about this issue, so thanks for sharing. I will definitely be coming back to your blog.
printing services