BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dara Girard's Romance







(Though I don't read as much contemporary romance as I once did,
 Dara Girard's 3 & 4 book series are ones I often turn to when needing
a palate cleansing of paranormals. Her character's are always engaging and 
the storylines entertaining.  I thought I'd share this newsletter from her.
If you are looking for a new favorite author to try in 2012, I guarantee 
you won't be disappointed.)
Dear Readers,
Just in time for the holidays I have a lot of treats to share with you.
Now Available!
GAINING INTEREST
Aspiring lingerie designer Adriana Travers has a weakness
for bad boys”not practical, plodding men like her financial
 advisor Eric Henson. Sheâ's only interested in him
 handling her financial affairs. Affairs of the heart, however,
 are completely off limits.
Eric Henson agrees. Women like Adriana are not in his plan.
 After spending years working his way up the business ladder,
 he wants to marry a woman who will keep him on the right
 path—not prove a distraction. But one night changes everything.
When Adriana treats him to a night out for his birthday, 
Eric starts to see Adriana in a sexy new way that just might
 upset all his carefully laid plans. And Adriana sees a wicked 
side to Eric that makes her heart pound. Soon Sheâ'll discover
 that when it comes to being bad, Eric's a lot more than he 
seems.
Tune in to my Facebook Page and
you'll get an announcement when
GAINING INTEREST is available
 in print.
Order from:
createspace
ISBN/EAN13: 0984758607
/ 9780984758609

e

Speaking of print, you can now get the trade paperback version of TABLE FOR TWO at createspace.
For a limited time I'm offering a discount code for $3 off the $15.99 print version. Click here and email me for the discount code.
I'm also working on an omnibus of both TABLE FOR TWO and GAINING INTEREST called THE HENSON BROTHERS. It will be available in both print and eBook format in January 2012.
Look for this title 
in print and eBook 
in January 2012


A New Story Perfect for the Holidays
And now for something completely different, here's an original short story for you to enjoy this holiday season.
A GIFT FOR PHILOMENA
This short story will give you a taste of my women's fiction and the town of Hamsford the setting of my new release THE DAUGHTERS OF WINSTON BARNETT. In this story you'll meet Philomena Hawkes, a woman who thinks her life of drudgery will never end until a mysterious package arrives and changes her life forever.

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Other eBook formats


New Release
At last THE DAUGHTERS OF WINSTON BARNETT is here!
“Pride and Prejudice meets Fiddler on the Roof with a Jamaican-American twist.”
Meet the Barnett sisters: Faithful, good natured Beverly; headstrong, ambitious Janet; bookish, droll Francine; silly but sweet Trudy and bold, reckless Maxine.
They live under the strict rule of their religious, Jamaican father in the small town of Hamsford where they are content with their sheltered life. But that comfortable life is shattered when Janet tries to leave and the wealthy Jeffrey Farmer returns to town with his foreign friend, Frederick Durand.

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Soon the Barnett's world is turned upside down and the sisters 
find themselves embroiled in scandal, devastated by betrayal 
and tempted by a forbidden love that threatens to rip them
 apart. But they fight to stay together and learn the power 
of tradition, the depth of family, the healing strength of
 forgiveness and the destiny of love.
Here's a sneak peek:


Please join me on my Facebook Page and you'll be one of the first to hear when THE DAUGHTERS OF WINSTON BARNETT is in print.
Don't forget to visit my blog for behind the scenes inspirations and other fascinating information about this exciting new novel.
Enjoy the holidays and have a fabulous New Year!
Sincerely,


No comments: