BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE KILLING—WOW! I Did Not See That Coming!

The Killing (Seaon 1) Did you miss Sunday night's shocking Season Finale of The Killing? Would you like to see it again?  AMCtv.com is now -->streaming The Killing's final Season 1 episode online for free. Also available online are the previous three episodes:Episode 10, "I'll Let You Know When I Get There"; Episode 11, "Missing"; and Episode 12, "Beau Soleil". All episodes are online for a limited time, so don't delay: Get watching!
 
From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and airs Sundays at 10PM | 9C. For a full list of The Killing broadcast times, check out AMC's online schedule.
The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.
The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot was directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).
Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) for Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo co-produces. AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jason Fisher, senior vice president of production oversee production of the series for the network.
S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S
I so did not see that coming. Throughout the whole last episode everything was pointing toward Richmond as being Rosie’s killer. Nope, didn’t believe it for a minute. Figured it was Richmond’s girlfriend, Gwen who had finally gotten tired of his messing around with dead-wife like-alikes, or the mayor who he was close to beating in the upcoming election, or even the sad family wan-a-be, Belco, accidentally. But I didn’t believe it was Richmond, even as they were putting hand cuffs on him. So I wasn’t surprised to find out that the toll road photos were faked. But what really blew me away was when I realized that Holder wasn’t one of the good guys. Did not see that coming! I actually was already setting him up with Linden for next season’s boy friend.
So, is Holder working for the mayor, Gwen’s dad the senator, the police chief, the rich guy Drexler, or the mob? Definitely going to roll around the possibilities in my mind till next season. Linden will be back on the next plane, if she didn’t get off the one she was on and boy is there going to be hell to pay. I just hope Belco took out that poor excuse for a mother before he shot Richmond.

6 comments:

SiNn said...

i havent watched this at all deff gonna have to find it when the season dvd comes out sounds great

Unknown said...

OMGoodness ... I was hoping that that wasn't the finale. Darn ... I'm going to go seriously crazy until next season. I really thought they would find the killer for this story and then move onto another. But this makes sense because I couldn't figure out how they'd keep Linden in town.

bookaholic said...

I haven't actually watched any episodes of The Killing.Sorry!

Unknown said...

I've never hear of this show, but it looks good. I get AMC so I am going to check it out.

Chen Yan Chang said...

Too bad I don't have cable. It looks like an awesome tv series. I remember watching the tv series Harper's Island, and it was fun watching who gets killed off and who's the killer. Is "The Killing" similar to that?

Ann Summerville said...

I haven't heard of this. I wonder if it's on Netflix.
Ann