BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jennifer Estep April 2011 Newsletter

 
JENNIFER’S LATEST NEWS
Greet­ings and salu­ta­tions! Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
1 Tan­gled Threads: The fourth Ele­men­tal Assas­sin book, Tan­gled Threads, will be pub­lished on April 26(less than a month now!), and you can read the first chap­ter here. The book is up for pre-order at Ama­zonand Barnes & Noble.

Like Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, and Venom, Tan­gled Threads focuses on Gin Blanco, an assas­sin code­named the Spi­der who can con­trol the ele­ments of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy killing peo­ple and right­ing wrongs, Gin runs a bar­be­cue restau­rant called the Pork Pit in the fic­tional South­ern metrop­o­lis of Ash­land. The city is also home to giants, dwarves, vam­pires, and ele­men­tals – Air, Fire, Ice, and Stone.
In Tan­gled Threads, Mab Mon­roe hires a deadly assas­sin named Elek­tra LaFleur to kill Gin, aka the Spi­der. But when a lit­tle girl is kid­napped, Gin under­takes her most dan­ger­ous mis­sion yet — res­cue the girl and keep LaFleur from killing them both …
Mythos Acad­emy young adult urban fan­tasy series: I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve sold a young adult series. Huz­zah! It’s called the Mythos Acad­emy series, and it focuses on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl with the gift of psy­chom­e­try magic, or the abil­ity to know an object’s his­tory just by touch­ing it. After a seri­ous freak-out with her magic, Gwen is shipped off to Mythos Acad­emy, a school for the descen­dants of ancient war­riors like Spar­tans, Valkyries, Ama­zons, and more.
The first book, Touch of Frost, will be out on July 26. Click here to read the first two chap­ters. Kiss of Frost, the sec­ond book in the series, will be out on Nov. 29. Also, First Frost, a pre­quel e-short story to the series, will be released in July. Learn more about the series on theMythos Acad­emy page on my website.
Touch of Frost is up for pre-order at Ama­zon and Barnes & Noble, while Kiss of Frostis up for pre-order at Ama­zon.
Free Ele­men­tal Assas­sin short sto­ries online: I’ve writ­ten sev­eral free short sto­ries to go along with the Ele­men­tal Assas­sin books. All the sto­ries I’ve writ­ten so far are avail­able on the Excerpts page of my website.

Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, and Venom released: The first three books in my Ele­men­tal Assas­sin urban fan­tasy series — Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, and Venom — are still avail­able. You can get the books at Ama­zon, Barnes & Noble, and all the other usual book outlets.
Thanks to read­ers: I just want to thank all the folks who’ve e-mailed me to say how much they’ve enjoyed the books in the Ele­men­tal Assas­sin series. I really appre­ci­ate it, and I hope that every­one likes Tan­gled Threads even more.

BOOKMARKS, BOOKMARKS, BOOKMARKS
I now have book­marks avail­able for Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, and Tan­gled Threads, as well as some left for Jinx. As always, these are free to read­ers; how­ever, I do ask that folks send me a self-addressed stamped enve­lope with two stamps on it in order to receive the book­marks and help me cover postage costs. To learn how to get the book­marks, e-mail me.
CONTEST ALERT! CONTEST ALERT!
Con­grats to Les­ley Cam­blin and to Amanda Portelli, who both won a free auto­graphed copy of Jinx. Win­ners, please e-mail me your snail mail addresses so I can send your prizes to you.
All you have to do to be entered in the monthly con­test is sub­scribe to the newslet­ter. So tell your friends … or not.
APPEARANCES
I’ll be attend­ing some book con­fer­ences in 2011 to pro­mote my Ele­men­tal Assas­sin series. I’ll keep you posted on what’s com­ing up.
GUEST BLOGS
I do tons of guest blogs dur­ing the year, and I’ll be doing more guest blogs in 2011 for Tan­gled Threads and my other releases. I’m happy to do guest blogs any time of year as my sched­ule allows. If you’d like me to appear on your site, send me an e-mail
RECOMMENDED READING
Dark Jenny by Alex Bled­soe: Self-proclaimed sword jockey (think pri­vate inves­ti­ga­tor) Eddie LaCrosse is back for another adven­ture. This series is a great mix of fan­tasy and noir. If you always wanted Sam Spade to carry a sword, these books are for you.
A Lot Like Love by Julie James: James has penned another smart, sexy, con­tem­po­rary romance. This book focuses on Jor­dan Rhodes, a wine seller who will do any­thing to get her brother out of prison — even work with hunky FBI agent Nick McCall to help take down a seri­ously bad guy.
Got a good book to share? Send me an e-mail. I’m always on the look­out for new authors to try, and I’ll share rec­om­men­da­tions in a future newsletter.
FROM THE RECIPE BOX
I’ve shared this recipe before, but with sum­mer and all that great fresh fruit com­ing up, I thought I’d men­tion it again. This is so quick and easy and so good. Enjoy!
Chelsea’s Cheese­cake Dip
1 (8-ounce) pack­age cream cheese, softened
2 table­spoons sugar
2 tea­spoons lemon juice
1 (8-ounce) con­tainer whipped topping
Fresh berries, fruit, gra­ham crack­ers or cook­ies
In a large mix­ing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice with an elec­tric mixer until com­bined. Add in the whipped top­ping, and stir until fluffy (be sure not to over­mix it). Gar­nish with berries and grated lemon peel, if desired. Serve with fresh fruit, gra­ham crack­ers, or cookies.
UNTIL NEXT TIME
2 Love the newslet­ter? Hate it? Send me an e-mail and let me know. Until next time, be sure to check out my blog and fol­low me on Face­book for the lat­est updates and more. You can also join the Jen­nifer Estep fan page over at Face­book, fol­low me on Twit­ter, or keep up with my book reviews on Goodreads.
Happy read­ing!
Jen­nifer Estep
Author
Pocket Books
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by The Wormhole! I love your sliding buttons - care to share how you got them? bevsharp@desch.org - - thanks!
Happy reading.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

now that's a worthwhile recipe! thx

Ren said...

Never read Jennifer Estep's book before, but I'm looking forward to read it ^_^
And the recipe that she put, it can't be missed. Will give it a try when I have time :D

Bella said...

That cheescake dip sound delicious! I'm printing it out. Thanks!

Book Sp(l)ot said...

How did Jennifer Estep's series get so long? I really need to start it,,,