BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Abandon the Night by Joss Ware

Title: Abandon the Night
Author: Joss Ware
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers Date: March 9, 2010
Paperback: 384  pages
Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0061734039
FTC Disclosure: Mine

From the raging fires, five men emerge with extraordinary new powers. They are humankind's last hope . . . but they cannot survive this dark, ravaged world alone . . . 
Quentin Fielding had everything. Money. Power. Women. But now that civilization is all but annihilated, Quent wants only one thing: revenge. Harnessing a strange new "gift," he embarks on a deadly mission to find the man responsible for the chaos and destruction, the man he should have killed years ago: his father. Only one thing stands in his way - a mysterious, arrow-wielding beauty . . . 
Zoe Kapoor is on her own quest for vengeance, searching for the monstrous fiends who murdered her family. Soon she and Quent join together, journeying through the ruins of the world they once knew as a desperate desire builds between them. Drawing closer to an enemy they never imagined, Zoe and Quent must abandon all fear, abandon all regret, abandon the night . . .


Omg, how does this series just keep getting better! The romance in this one was super! I just love a kick-ass woman that can still be so feminine. Ware has yet another winner in this series. I again managed to read this book in less than a day although it'll be 6 more months before I get another taste of new Las Vegas, aka NV, aka Envy. Ware is amazing as always with her descriptions and great action scenes. Once you start this book, you won't lay it down. In this book we get a much more detailed look at the Strangers and a few of the what's and why's are answered, although, there's still a lot of storyline yet to come. This is paranormal romance mixed with urban fantasy for a trip to the future that will keep you enthralled for hours.





The Envy Chronicles
1.Beyond the Night (2010)
2.Embrace the Night Eternal (2010)
3.Abandon the Night (2010)
4.Night Betrayed (Jan 25, 2011)

1 comment:

Christina said...

I keep seeing these at the library (at least the first two) I even checked one out but then realized it was the second book and I wanted to start with the first I returned it unread. I am going to have to read them now. You made this one sound so good.