BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, May 17, 2010

Blackwolf's Redemption by Sandra Marton

Title: Blackwolf’s Redemption
Author: Sandra Marton
Genre: Romance
Rating: * * 1/2
Review Date: 5/10/2010
Paperback: 183 pages
Publisher: Harlequin (May 1, 2010)
ISBN: 0373129173
FTC Disclosure: Bought


 Jesse Blackwolf - uncompromising, determined and an undeniable success. He has no desire to deal with the outspoken bundle of femininity he's found trespassing on his land!

When Sienna Cummings awakes to find herself pressed against a muscled chest, she's shocked and stunned! Where is she? Who is this man who holds her so possessively with passion glinting in his eyes? It's more than confusion that makes Sienna's heart beat faster - she suspects his untamed wildness hides something that maybe only she can set free..

I originally bought this book because it was a time travel romance. Technically, it was but boy was I disappointed.  While the differences from 1975 and 2010 were mentioned, that was about it. Where was the bewilderment and questioning that time travel was possible?  What we got was the typical 1970’s, I am the man in charge, I’m always right! Let me beat my chest here a bit! In the past, I’ve read many books by Marton and loved them but this one hit a sour note with me and never recovered. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? I loved it because the author and her editor "stepped out of the box" for a Harlequin Presents, quite unusual.

vvb32 reads said...

i would of thought the 70's would have had a hippie like character. i like time travel too

Jude said...

Yea I feel you. Recently, I just tried this author for the first time (not going to name names though lol) and I just *happened* to pick up her worst romance. Turned me off from her forever...

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Ordinarily, I probably would just have laid it aside for when I was in the mood for a 70's romance but I was so looking forward to a great time travel romance. I've read many of Marton's books and always enjoyed them. It was my fault for not checking out the storyline better, I just got so excited when I saw time travel back to the 70's, that I grabbed the book and ran. My fault, certainly not the author's, who wrote her usual HEA romance.