BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Berenstain Bears News

Just got a newsletter from the Bears and had to pass it on along with a pic of their new book that is a must for this years trip to the beach. Although my kids have long outgrown the Berenstain Bears I continue to add to my collection of Berenstain Bears books as I have one granddaughter and a niece that love them as much as I do.


Berenstain Bears Tree House
Berenstain Bears NewsMay 2010







Actual Facts About Rain
There are drops of water wet bear
in the clouds.
There are very, very small.
When they gt together,
they get big enough
to that's rain.


When just a few
drops fall,
drizzle is what you get.
A drizzle isn't much....
You don't get very wet.

When more
drops fall,
shower
is what you get.
A shower makes you very wet.

When millions of drops
pour down
downpour is what you get.
A downpour
makes you SOAKING wet.

After the rain,
sometimes
rainbow is what you get.

A rainbow is worth
all that wet.
*****************************************************************
It's summer vacation, and the Berenstain Bears are off to the seashore for sun and fun. There is so much to do—swimming, fishing, building sand castles, browsing through the general store, eating delicious dinners at Gull Island CafÉ, and visiting Gull Island Museum. Each glorious sunrise heralds a new adventure! This is the ultimate beach read for Berenstain Bears fans

4 comments:

Julie P said...

My boys are teens now, so no Berenstein Bears for them anymore. I remember reading these to them when they were little though--I love the Bears!

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

My favorite family to visit.

Lu said...

I love the Berenstein Bears! I have quite a few Berenstein Bear books that I have held on to for years. I love reading them to my son!
One thing that I sometimes wonder is, if they had another child what would they have named it? It would be a Brother or Sister, but those names are taken. LOL

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Maybe--Baby Bear :)