BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, January 29, 2010

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, Bk 1) By: Kelley Armstrong


 The Summoning (Darkest Powers, Bk 1)





Author: Kelley Armstrong
Rating   * * * * 1/2
Review Date 4/2009
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins; Reprint edition (March 31, 2009)
ISBN-13: 978-0061450549

"My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again. All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.
Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House ... before its skeletons come back to haunt me."

This was a great YA and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. It moved at a very fast pace and will keep you reading long after you should have gone to bed.
At this time TeenHarper.com is offering it as a free read on their site so try it and you may find yourself doing what I did, purchasing a copy so I would have it to reread when the rest of the series came out.


Darkest Powers Series

1. The Summoning   3/2009
2. The Awakening     4/2009
3. The Reckoning      4/2010


http://browseinside.harperteen.com/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061662690Link to free read

No comments: